Disciplines x 4
Set Floor and Set Vault, Voluntary Floor and Voluntary Vault.
Under 9, Under 11, Under 13.
Consists of 4, 5 or 6 gymnasts from the same school. Where 6 gymnasts make up a team only 5 can compete on each apparatus with the top 4 scores on each discipline to count. The scores are added together to produce an individual and a team score.
As per Girls’ 4 Piece Challenge Cup rules.
It is important that all participants know and understand the rules.
Medals are given to the top teams and the top individuals.
In the early spring term. Currently one day – Sunday.
All schools are encouraged to enter teams in the three age groups. Currently there is no limit on the number of schools allowed in each age group.
The I.S.G.A. National Challenge Cup for Girls is open to:
- New Schools.
- Teams not qualifying for the 5 Piece competition.
- A) U9s: Schools choosing to enter the U9 Novice Challenge team category in the 2 Piece competition earlier in the season.
B) Schools that were outside the top 10 in the relevant category at the previous year’s 5 Piece competition. ie for the under 11s – previous season’s under 10s, or for the under 13s the previous season’s under 13s.
- Other schools who believe their girls cannot achieve all the 5 Piece disciplines and only wish to
compete in the lower level 4 Piece competition this year, provided that in the current season’s
2 Piece competitions, if under 9s they did not finish in the top 8 places, and if under 11s or
under 13s they did not finish in one of the first 2 Places amongst those seeking qualification for
the 5 Piece.
The Executive Committee reserves the right to veto schools entering teams if they are deemed unsuitable; for example it is not an option to choose to compete in the 4 Piece simply because the date proves to be more convenient for a school or a coach; nor for example if a coach just wants to avoid doing a group sequence.
- A school may only enter one team per age group: U9, U11, and U13.
- No Somersaults are allowed and only one flic or aerial (cartwheel or walkover) is allowed in the voluntary floor.
This competition is currently held in conjunction with the Boys’ 4 Piece Championships.
Download the example copy.
See the current years results.
Find out the past results.